Job Description: Volunteer Coordinator
The Volunteer Coordinator recruits and places volunteers at Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites operated by Community Tax Aid (CTA). The Volunteer Coordinator also maintains elements of CTA’s online and social media presence. The Volunteer Coordinator communicates regularly through multiple channels with volunteers, tax site coordinators, and partners to ensure that adequate volunteer resources are available at tax sites. The Volunteer Coordinator also provides assistance at volunteer training and tax sites.
Availability: 15 to 30 hours a week. This position is part-time, seasonal ending May (extension to June possible). Candidates should be available to work evenings and weekends regularly from January through the end of April, and occasionally at other times of the year.
Skills and Experience: Must be self-directed, detail-oriented, organized, and focused on delivering exceptional customer service. Applicants should possess strong interpersonal and communications skills, and be comfortable developing and delivering small group presentations as part of the volunteer recruitment process. Must be able to respond to a high volume of volunteer inquiries over the phone and by email. Experience using Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel, is required. Experience managing web and social media content a plus. College graduate preferred. Drivers license required.
Responsibilities: include but are not limited to:
- Implement plan to recruit, train, place, and manage 400+ volunteers at 14 different sites in the metropolitan area.
- Implement a volunteer recruitment and outreach plan targeting volunteers with specific skills and experience levels.
- Deliver presentations to groups of potential volunteers (through universities, faith-based institutions, law firms, banks, etc.).
- Manage online volunteer registration and volunteer data.
- Communicate regularly with volunteers.
- Update and maintain content on CTA managed websites.
- Maintain and manage CTA’s social networks. Support, generate and distribute content through appropriate online channels. • Coordinate volunteer training logistics.
- Manage the assignment of volunteers to specific tax sites and volunteer shifts.
- Support Tax Site Managers by ensuring that they have the appropriate number and type of volunteers throughout tax season.
- Establish systems for volunteer retention, including appreciation events, social activities and recognition communications.
- As part of the CTA team, provide support at tax sites.
Position Classification: Non-Exempt. part-time. Seasonal October-May $16-$18/hour depending on experience.
To apply: Send letter of interest and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Tax Aid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.